Thanks to Darren Latham my yellow has improved.
I’m growing increasingly addicted to “Big D’s” YouTube channel. After his video on Imperial Fists Power armour, I had to try it out on a spare Marine.
- Base spray Wraithbone or White
- Yriel Yellow
- Averland Sunset recess shade and glazes over darker areas
- Averland Sunset scarf brown 70/30 glaze into recesses
- Scragg Brown glaze at bottom of panels and recesses
- Doombull recesses
- Rhinox Hide deepest recesses
- Yriel Yellow glazes to clean up
- Flash Gitz Yellow glaze highlights
- Dorn Yellow edges (I used Model Color Ice Yellow 70.858)
- Soften out with glazes
- White dot highlights
- Dorn Yellow chips and scratches (I used Model Color Ice Yellow 70.858)
- Shade in with Scrag Brown
- Shade other scratches with Doombull for variance
- Glaze steel legion drab on feet for dust
- Glaze Dryad Dark onto soles of feet
Other videos I used for this are Urban Basing, Gems and Eyes and Applying Transfers.
That chapter symbol is a bit of a killer though.
Bummer Darren’s youtube not up anymore
Lucky someone saved it: https://www.youtube.com/@not_darren_latham8969/videos