The Prosecutor below photographed better than expected, I think its something to do with the angle of the miniature and the varnish not reflecting as much. I really should have cleaned up the front of his hammer though.
They really are huge, if I had the time I would go full Dieselpunk on them and add 40k heresy era jump packs instead of golden wings. They are just begging for them.
This guy is a massive failure, I tried to fix the model by removing the excess detail and adding a new head and thats pretty much where the mistakes started. Not only did my greenstuff skills fail to make it look like he’s wearing an ancient helmet but the photo gives the face no definition for some reason.
The highlights for the black I added to him now make him look out of place.
- Mechanicus Standard Grey has failed me.
- All hope is lost.
- Maybe Eshin Gray is the answer.
- I should have just blended it.
- Forgive me John Blanche, I have disappointed you.
The sword is photographed in a way which makes it look glowing white in the below photo. I don’t even know how satin varnish works. As far as i can tell it seems to be some kind of photographic Mandala Effect.
God that black background is messy.
I wonder how everyone else did.
Still waiting on a tutorial for these doods! So cool, especially the ones with heavy weathering. I wanna steal your style!
I must have deleted my notes on them, but I know I’d do them differently these days. Try an undercoat of Chaos Black spray, Leadbelcher spray from the top and sides then a wash of watered down pigments (any orangey brown ones will do) adjust for taste then seal in selected areas with Reikland Fleshshade and others with Agrax Earthshade. Finally Drybrush whatever lighter metallics you have lying around to taste.