Its done. The Start Collecting box has been painted within the month allotted. I think its about 40 hours work but i’m including mistakes and test colour schemes that were quickly painted over.
The photos are looking much better now I have them in front of a black background, however I made a huge error and sprayed them all with Purity Seal (now called Munitorium Varnish) which gives them a Satin finish. This looks fine with the naked eye but makes their chestplates glow once you photograph them. I’m going to look into something to matt them up.
The heads are from the old Empire swordsmen sprue but some are far too small for the bodies, I saved the best one with the beard for the leader above
Here are the two Retributors shot on the same background, I think I used so much weathering powder it muted the effects of that satin varnish which is a stroke of luck.
The rest of the shots will be up soon and a tutorial for the metal once I can sort out the photo situation.